CSE 320: Programming Languages @ CSU, San Bernardino
- Sections 11.1, 11.2, and 11.3 and chapter 11 of PLAI. It is highly recommend to do the exercises in the book.
The focus in this reading should be on the following concepts:
- What does it mean for memory management to be complete and sound?
- What is fragmentation?
- What is a free-list?
- What does it mean to trade space for time?
- What is padding?
- What is reference counting?
- What happens if a reference counting mechanism does not track and break references cycles?
- “What is reference counting?” by Edaqa Mortoray.