CSE 320: Programming Languages @ CSU, San Bernardino
- Chapter 7 of PLAI. It is highly recommend to do the exercises in the book.
The focus in this reading should be on the following concepts:
- What are closures? How are they implemented?
- How do functions and closures relate? Are functions closures? Are closures functions?
- What is the “top-level” of a program?
- What is capture-free substitution? Why is it necessary?
- What is
let? How is it defined?
- Section 2.2.1 of “The Implementation of Functional Programming Languages” by Simon Peyton Jones.
- “A lambda is not (necessarily) a closure” by Andy Wingo.